Church of SS. John the Baptist and John the Evangelist


Church of SS. John the Baptist and John the Evangelist
The church was built as a chapel near the fort and became a parish church only in the 16th century. It was first mentioned in 1183 in the chorographic papal bull of Lucio III. It was then torn down in 1745 by the Barberini who were at that time the local feudal landowners, and subsequently rebuilt with three naves. On the left of the church is the entrance to the fort and from the small square...

Church of St. Rocco


Church of St. Rocco
This church is one of the many churches in this area dedicated to San Rocco.   They usually stood outside the town because San Rocco was the protector against plague and during outbreaks, to avoid contagion, patients were admitted to these churches and buried there in the event of their death.  Inside to the left of the altar there is a fresco of San Rocco with the attributes of the...

Church of Sant'Agata


Church of Sant'Agata
The existence of the church is documented as early as 1114 and is located outside of the village. The walls are in stone and the portal, located on the side elevation, has a band of stone running along its entire perimeter.   There is a lunette with a fragment of fresco with figures which are difficult to read, but who are supposed to represent Sant'Agata with another saint. The narrow...